Saturday 26 September 2009

Corperate Identity


For this project we were given two words and had to create a company from the words. We then had to create the branding for said company. I can't remember my words but they were to do with a journey as my initial plan was to design a travel agents. I then thought foot forward was quite a good name for a trainer store. I wanted to make a new store that was simple, so in that the trainers that would be sold would speak for themselves.





I had some quite complicated designs including footprints but I then decided to just strip it right back to the name and then a simple arrow. I feel that gives the logo enough movement and interest without being over complicated. I choose the colours, monochrome so that the logo could work on anything then using this blue as it feel quite calm but still youthful and fresh.

\

This is the design for the interior, I wanted the shop to be plain and clean, using white. I then wanted the interiors to illustrate the youthful feel and be welcoming to the customers. I wanted the trainers to be the prominent features, thus whey the holders for this is the main feature on the walls...

]
This was a poster I designed for the company. We had to come up with a slogan; mine being "foot me" I wanted it to be youthful and playful, thus why I used a play on words with foot and the colloquialism "fuck". As in "fuck me that's good" HOWEVER, reassessing this, I feel this makes my store seem a bit cheesey or tacky, which takes away from the slick, neatness of the rest of the shop. I don't really like this poster anymore, but it was the first time I used Illustrator and manged to create that trainer, which I'm quite proud of!

1 comment:

  1. so far looking good - don't forget the flow chart+web designs

    m

    ReplyDelete